Hereunder are the contest rules related to the contest called "Let's celebrate Québec's wildlife", valid from September 15th to October 15th, 2017.
Contest rules « Let’s Celebrate Québec’s Wildlife” (the contest)
- The contest begins September 15th 2017 at 11:00:01 a.m., Eastern daylight time, and ends October 15th 2017 at 05:00:00 p.m., Eastern daylight time (the « contest participation period »). The participation period begins September 15th 2017 at 11:00:01 a.m., Eastern daylight time, and ends October 15th 2017 at 04:59:59 p.m., Eastern daylight time.
- The contest is open to authorized Québec residents aged 18 or over at the moment of their participation. Employees, agents and representatives (as well as any person living under the same roof, whether or not related) of the Ecomuseum Zoo (the “sponsor”), its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies, and the judges charged with judging the contest (collectively, the “contest parties”) are not eligible to participate in this contest.
- Participants must not have entered into a contractual, commercial, sponsorship or other arrangement that would prevent them from entering the contest or that would prevent the use of their name, image, photo or biography in connection with promotions related to the contest.
HOW TO ENTER
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter the contest participants must complete the online entry form at www.zooecomuseum.ca/photocontest (the “Website”) on which they must, among other things: (i) enter their full name, valid email address, telephone number and title of the submitted photo; (ii) agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of the contest rules (the “rules”); and (iii) certify that they are a resident of Québec.
- Participants must attach one photo (only one) to their entry form by following the on-screen instructions. The photo must meet the requirements outlined below and will be added to the “Vote for your favorite photo” webpage at www.zooecomuseum.ca/photocontest, as well as the photo title and participant name, once the examiner (as defined below) has reviewed the photo and entry form. All entries are subject to the examiner’s verification. Limit of one (1) photo entry per person per email address during the contest participation period.
Examiner: contest moderator employed by the Ecomuseum Zoo
- The submitted photo must be a unique and original creation by the participant and must never have been declared a winner in any other contest or promotion. To be eligible for this contest, the photo must meet the specific criteria outlined below. In addition, each participant must agree to be bound by these rules and by the interpretation of the said rules by the contest organizer, and to certify and further declare that the photo complies with the following requirements:
- The photo must be available in .JPG format, 300 DPI, 11 x 14 minimum size.
- The photo must feature an animal of Québec’s fauna. Any photo showing an animal not native to Québec will be refused.
- The photograph must not include any identifiable person without their written authorization, or refer to the name, image or portrait of any public person who is still alive or deceased.
- The photograph must not contain any content that is obscene, illegal, offensive, defamatory, pornographic, commercially defamatory, threatening or abusive, that may in any way be considered objectionable, inappropriate, improper, reprehensible, unseemly or insulting, judged at the discretion of the sponsor, failing which the sponsor reserves the right to withdraw the photo and to disqualify the entrant without further notice.
- The photograph shall not give rise to any claim of counterfeit, infringement of privacy or right to the image, or infringe any right or interest of any third party, or cause any claim for damages whatsoever. In the event of any third party claim, the participant agrees to defend, to release from all responsibility and to indemnify the sponsor and the contest partners from and against any and all claims from third parties arising from of the photo submitted by the participant.
- The photo must not promote a brand or a competing business, trademark or service, directly or indirectly, such as by wearing apparel bearing a logo or illustration posters or other advertising material in the background.
- The photograph must present an original artistic idea. By entering the contest, the participant certifies that he/she has all the necessary rights in respect of the said photograph and that he/she holds exclusively the copyright for the entire photo content.
- Throughout the contest period the general public can visit the www.zooecomuseum.ca/photocontest website to vote for their favorite participant.
- Before voting, each voter must identify himself/herself with his/her Facebook account. A limit of one (1) vote per person per day is imposed.
- The voter cannot be an employee, representative or agent of the sponsor or any of the contest parties (nor can the voter be domiciled with such a person whether or not they are related).
- Limit of one (1) vote per person / email address per day. If it is established that a voter: (i) has voted (or attempted to vote) more than once (1) per day during the contest period; and/or (ii) used (or attempted to use) multiple names, identities and/or more than one (1) e-mail address to vote or enter the contest; and/or (iii) produces or attempts to produce systematic votes from the same computer/IP address, then that person may (to the sole and absolute discretion of the sponsor) be disqualified and all their votes could be disqualified. Any use (or attempted use) of multiple identities, e-mail addresses and/or any automated system to produce votes or otherwise participate in this contest is strictly prohibited and may result in disqualification. The sponsor shall not be liable for any late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible votes. Any voting or voting that, in the opinion of the sponsor, infringes the provisions of these rules, may result in disqualification to the sole and absolute discretion of the contest organizer.
- IMPORTANT : Any person may encourage any other eligible person to vote for a participant; however, incentives, enticements, awards or opportunities to benefit from incentives, enticements or awards, may not be offered as an encouragement to receive the vote of a person with respect to any participant. Also, any person who, in the opinion of the contest parties and/or their representatives, engages in such conduct will be disqualified and the votes, the participation and/or the corresponding participant may be disqualified at the sole and absolute discretion of the contest organizer.
- By entering this contest participants consent to: (i) grant the sponsor a two-year, non-exclusive license to the photo if said photo is declared a winner in one of the three categories (winner by public voting, by jury, or honorary mention for a photo taken at the Ecomuseum Zoo) for promotion in regards of the contest; (ii) retain all moral rights with respect to the winning photo, but to permit its use by the sponsor in the context of advertising or promotion related to the contest; (iii) release and exempt the releasees from any and all liability for any claim based on the right to the image, allegations of defamation, invasion of privacy, infringement of copyright or trademark or other cause of action relating to intellectual property; (iv) waive and exempt the releasees of all liability with respect to claims, damages, costs, expenses, or any liability toward any person or property arising out of, or activities in connection with, this contest, notably any loss, damage or injury arising directly or indirectly from the contest including any delay or change in the contest, any decision by the contest organizer, by the judges tasked with judging the contest, by the examiner or the sponsor, the possession, use or misuse of a prize, or any printing, typographical or technological errors in materials relating to the contest documents; (v) entitle the contest organizer, but without obligation, to display the winning photo and/or the name, age and city of residence of the participant, in whole or in part, as such, on the www.zooecomuseum.ca/photocontest website and in any other promotional material as selected by the contest organizer; (vi) allow the sponsor to post the winning photos online, and have the winning photos be made available to all audiences with photo credit clearly marked.
The contest organizer further reserves the right to disqualify from the contest any photograph or participant who, in its opinion and to its absolute discretion, violates the conditions set out in these contest rules. The contest organizer and/or its designated content moderator (the "examiner") will filter all entries and photos. The examiner also reserves the right, to its sole and absolute discretion, to modify, revise, translate or withdraw any entries and/or photos submitted in connection with the contest, or to ask a participant to modify or revise its entry and/or photo to conform to these rules or for any other reason whatsoever. Any entries and/or photographs not in accordance with these rules, as determined by the examiner, will be disqualified and the participant associated with such a photo will not be eligible for any prize.
Participant selection and general contest procedures
- Once the photo has been submitted by the participant and the entry form has been completed, the photo will be automatically displayed on the contest platform. A moderator from the Ecomuseum Zoo may subsequently revise the entry and withdraw a participation if it does not meet the contest criteria.
- Participants are encouraged to utilise social media platforms to promote their participation thereby augmenting their chance to win the public vote prize.
- On October 16th, 2017, the contest organizer will contact the winner of the public vote prize to confirm their victory in the “Public Vote” category and to organize the awarding of the prize.
- In the week of October 22nd, 2017, the members of the jury will meet to deliberate on the choice of the winning photo.
- If contest organizers are unable to contact one of the winners within three (3) business days of the winners' selection date, or if a notification is returned as undeliverable, said winner will be disqualified and will be denied any right to be considered a winner. The sponsor reserves the right, to its sole and absolute discretion, to select another eligible winner from among the remaining eligible entries, in which case the provisions set out in this section will apply to the new eligible winner.
The winner will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Choice of topic and treatment of the topic
- Technical mastery
BEFORE BEING DECLARED AN OFFICIAL WINNER BY PUBLIC VOTE OR BY JURY, each participant must:
- Read, accept, sign and return within three (3) working days of notification, a statement of liability release prepared by the contest organizer, whereby he/she, among other things:
- (i) confirms that he/she has complied with these rules and that he/she accepts the prize as awarded;
- (ii) consents to clear the contest parties from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, costs and expenses arising out of or in connection with this contest and/or its participation in the contest, and/or the allocation and use/misuse of the prize or any part thereof;
- (iii) consents to indemnify the sponsor, and each of its agents, employees, representatives, directors, officers, affiliates, successors and beneficiaries (collectively, the "releasees") from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, and any and all costs and expenses arising out of his/her participation and his/her photograph, including, but not limited to, any allegation that his/her participation or photograph infringes any third party's ownership rights;
- (iv) must read, accept and sign a confidentiality agreement provided by the sponsor stating that he/she is committed to ensuring the confidentiality of any information relating to the contest, and shall not, under any circumstances, grant any interview, comment, or to provide information to the public, the media or any person other than the designated representative or the sponsor, without the authorization of the sponsor, including any information regarding the results of the contest, the performance of any participant, including his/her own performance if selected as the winner, or any action of the sponsor or its designated representatives. The confidentiality agreement will incorporate a consent provision stating that these conditions can be made enforceable through an injunction;
If a selected winner: (i) fails to return the duly completed contest documents within the specified time; and/or (ii) cannot be declared a selected winner under these rules for any reason, he/she will be disqualified and will lose all rights to be a selected winner. The contest organizer reserves the right, to its sole and absolute discretion, to select another winner from among the remaining eligible entries received during the contest period. In which case the provisions set out in this section shall apply to the said new selected winner
- Acknowledge that if he/she is selected as the winner and decides not to participate; (i) is unable or unwilling to accept the prize as awarded, for any reason whatsoever; (ii) becomes ineligible to participate, as determined by the sponsor, to its sole and absolute discretion; does not provide the necessary documentation, as determined by the sponsor, to its sole and absolute discretion; or does not abide by these rules, the sponsor reserves the right, to its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the selected winner and select another winner;
- The sponsor reserves the right, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the "Régie"), to modify the structure, process, schedule, duration or any other aspect of the contest, to its sole discretion as it sees fit, including adding or eliminating participants, asking participants to provide additional documentation, or modifying the winners' announcement dates.
- The sponsor may at any time require participants to provide proof of identity or eligibility in a form acceptable to the sponsor, including but not limited to a photo ID issued by a government agency. Failure by participants to provide such evidence in good time may result in their disqualification. The sponsor reserves the right, to its sole discretion, to disqualify participants or to require them to return their prizes or other benefits received as participants, whether such prizes and/or benefits have already been awarded, if at any stage of the contest, participants release personal information or details that are found to be false, inaccurate, or misleading, or are deemed, to the absolute discretion of the sponsor, to be ineligible under these rules.
- Without limitation, the releasees shall not be liable for any failure of any website, including, without limitation, the contest microsite and the Facebook contest page, occurring during the contest period; technical malfunction or other problems related to the telephone network or lines, on-line computer systems, servers, access providers, hardware or software; any failure of an entry form or photo to get to the contest organizer, their advertising and promotional agencies, or the examiner for any reason whatsoever including, but not limited to, technical problems or congestion on the Internet or any website; or any combination of the aforementioned. In addition, the releasees shall not be liable for any injury or damage suffered by a participant's computer or any other person’s arising out of, or resulting from, entering the contest or downloading any materials in the context of this competition.
- In the event of a dispute as to the origin of an entry and/or a submitted photo, the sponsor will consider that the entry and/or the online photo has been submitted by the authorized e-mail account holder at the time the entry was submitted. The "authorized e-mail account holder" is defined as the legal or natural person to whom an e-mail address is assigned by an Internet service provider, an online service provider or any other business (e.g. a company, an educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any participant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry and/or the selected photo.
- The contest sponsor assumes no obligation whatsoever, to its sole and absolute discretion, to any participant who provides incorrect or illegible contact information, or who cannot claim his/her prize.
- A dispute with respect to the organization or conduct of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for resolution. A dispute regarding the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purposes of an intervention in an attempt to resolve the dispute.
- The sponsor reserves the right, subject to the approval of the Régie, to cancel, terminate or suspend this contest in whole or in part, or to amend the contest rules at any time, without any liability to the contest participants or any other person, without further notice or obligation. In addition, the sponsor reserves the right, to its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any person who (i) alters or attempts to tamper with the contest entry process, the contest progress, the website, the voting mechanism, or a website or service related to the contest; (ii) fails to comply with the terms of service, conditions of use, or general rules relating to goods and services owned by one of the contest parties or one of its agents; (iii) acts in an unfair, disruptive, inappropriate or abusive manner or with the intent to irritate, threaten or harass another person; or (iv) acts in an unfair, disruptive, inappropriate, abusive or disrespectful manner to the sponsor, as determined by the sponsor to its absolute discretion. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or interfere with the legitimate operation of this contest constitutes a violation of the Criminal Code and Civil Law and, in such event, the sponsor reserves the right to sue for damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Participants are required to always behave appropriately during their participation in the contest and to respect the present rules in force during the competition. The sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any participant from the contest, or from any contest activity, who it believes, to its sole and absolute discretion, violates the conditions set forth in these contest rules or does not behave appropriately.
- All contest entries are subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. All decisions by the sponsor, the contest organizer, the judges responsible for judging the contest and the examiner are final and without appeal, notably any decision related to the participation and/or a participant’s photo, the participant selection process, semi-finalists, finalists or the winner, and the enforcement of these rules.
- Any intellectual property used by the sponsor in connection with the contest, its promotion and/or its administration, including but not limited to trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations remain the property of, or licensed by, the sponsor and/or its affiliates, as the case may be. All rights reserved. Any unauthorized reproduction or use of any of the foregoing intellectual property, without the express written consent of its owner, is strictly prohibited.
Limit of 1 prize per participant/finalist.
There are three (3) prize packages to be won. They are described as follows :
Grand Prize: total prize package valued at $3,500
- A 5-night stay in a SÉPAQ Nature Cabin (value of $1,030, dates according to availabilities in the SÉPAQ reservation calendar)
- Publication of the winning picture in the spring edition of Nature Sauvage, and a one-year subscription to the magazine (publication: value of $900, subscription: value of $25)
- A Nikon D3400 camera, courtesy of Royal Photo and Nikon (value of $650)
- A lifetime individual membership to the Ecomuseum Zoo (value of $500)
- A VIP photo session with the Ecomuseum Zoo’s animals (value of $400)
« People’s choice » prize: total prize package valued at $1,000
- Three 3-hour photo workshops, courtesy of Collège Marsan (value of $300 - $100 per workshop, dates according to availabilities in the Collège Marchand reservation calendar)
- A one-year subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud for photos (value of $150)
- A lifetime individual membership to the Ecomuseum Zoo (value of $500)
- A one-year subscription to Nature Sauvage magazine (value of $25)
« At the zoo » honorable mention: total prize package valued at $300
- A one-year individual membership to the Ecomuseum Zoo (value of $50)
- 4 tickets to a « Breakfast with the animals » of your choice (value of $140)
- A surprise gift package from the zoo’s giftshop (value of $110)
10 pairs of tickets to the Ecomuseum Zoo will also be randomly awarded among all the contest participants.
Without limiting the generality of the aforementioned, each prize is subject to the following general conditions: (i) the prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be reassigned, replaced or converted into cash; and (ii) the sponsor reserves the right, to its absolute discretion, at any time: to impose reasonable restrictions on the availability, conditions or use of the prize or any component thereof; and to substitute or modify a prize or any component of such prize by any other prize of equal or greater value, including, but not limited to, prize money, and only to the full and absolute discretion of the sponsor. If a selected winner: fails to return the duly completed contest documents (including the contract and the disclaimer) within the time specified; and/or refuses or cannot accept the prize as awarded and cannot be declared a winner under this contest for any reason, he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit any right to be a selected winner and win a prize; and the sponsor reserves the right, to its sole and absolute discretion, to deliver the prize so withdrawn to another eligible finalist in which case the provisions set out in this section will apply to the new selected winner.
Awarding of prizes
- As indicated above, the selected winner will be chosen by the judges tasked with judging the contest in the week of October 22nd, 2017. The contest sponsor and/or the contest organizer will contact the selected winner by telephone no later than November 1st, 2017 to advise that he/she has been selected. The odds of being chosen as the selected winner depend on the caliber of the photo submitted by the finalist as judged by the jury members.
- If the contest organizers fail to reach one of the selected winners within three (3) working days of the deliberation, or if a notification is returned to as undeliverable, then he/she will be disqualified [and will be stripped of the right to be a selected winner] and the sponsor reserves the right, to its sole and absolute discretion, to award the prize to another eligible finalist.
- The contest sponsor will send the prize to the winner of the public vote no later than November 1st, 2017.
- The contest sponsor will send the grand prize to the contest winner (via jury decision) no later than November 10th, 2017.
- In the event of any discrepancies or discord between the terms of the English version of these rules and the disclosures or other statements contained in any of the contest's materials, including but not limited to the contest entry form, the English version of this contest regulation, and/or any point-of-sale, television, print or online advertising, the conditions of the French version of these rules shall prevail.