Since 1988, the Ecomuseum Zoo has focused on environmental education. We believe strongly that contact with Québec’s wildlife to help raise awareness in young people, will forge a greener future for generations to come. Each year, the educational program of the Ecomuseum Zoo reaches thousands of young people through its educational activities at the zoo, in their classroom or in a virtual setting!
Activities at the zoo
A guided tour of the zoo is the best option to dive into the heart of Québec's wildlife and discover all that mammals, birds, reptiles and amphibians have to teach us! Our dynamic and experienced guides will share their knowledge with the students during this unique tour that will amaze more than one!
Want to come and meet the animals with your groups of young kids? The "Mini-explorers" activity is designed so that daycare and kindergarten groups can enjoy a self-guided tour at their own pace. Educational material is provided for adults to share with the little ones!
What an original way to learn about an animal species! Do Québec's wild species eat the same food as you? It's time to roll up your sleeves to prepare meals and feed the animals in our care. This activity, which lasts two and a half hours, is reserved for participants 3 years of age and over.
Your breakfast with the animals includes:
- A nutritious continental breakfast for the humans!
- A dynamic presentation by our zoologist on the animal who is the star of the day
- Time for participants to prepare the animal's meal.
- A chance for the participants to meet the animal and serve its breakfast!
You will be able to choose between a breakfast with the lynx, the coyote and wolf, or the bear.
Become a Zookeeper for a Day! Accompanied by our zoologist, you will have the chance to discover different diet requirements as you prepare meals and feed the animals yourself. You will need a sense of adventure, your imagination and your ability to work within a team.
The Zookeeper for a Day package includes:
- The chance to prepare meals for certain animals.
- The opportunity to invent, build and observe animal reactions to "enrichment toys".
- The chance to meet these animals as you serve their meal.
- The chance to learn through up-close encounters with some of the animals in our care.
- The opportunity to participate in a scientific workshop to dissect a raptor pellet (7 years and over).
Spending the evening at the zoo when it is closed for visitors, observing the nocturnal animals in action and learning more about their habits and behaviors in a unique atmosphere, here's what awaits the participants of the Twilight at the zoo!
Dive into the mysterious world of Québec’s wildlife and discover the animals’ secrets to surviving in what can sometimes be a harsh climate. Students will get to know the fauna with which we share our environment. Amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals will all contribute to captivating the audience with an interactive presentation which includes live animations, videos, quizzes, photos and more!
Call us at 514 457 9449 ext 0 or send us an email by clicking on the button below.