Summer Camp cancelled - Summer 2020
We are sorry to announce that the Ecomuseum Zoo has cancelled Nature Camp for summer 2020.
This decision was not made lightly. The challenges associated with the public health directives intended to ensure the safety of all participants and camp counselors involved significant investment on our part with regards to our infrastructure as well as our activities and supplies. As always, we strive to achieve the highest health and safety standards, all while providing your children with an unforgettable and enriching summer camp experience.
We went to great lengths to find creative solutions that would allow us to proceed with Nature Camp this summer. Unfortunately, after in-depth analysis of the situation we found that we had no choice but to make the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 camp season, while still planning to resume camp operations next summer.
We hope to see you next year!
Then we’ve got the perfect summer activity: the Ecomuseum Zoo’s Nature Camp is a whole week of unforgettable adventures surrounded by the flora and fauna of Québec.
It’s also hundreds of dinner table conversation topics, dozens of adventures to recount to friends when school’s back in and too many discoveries to event count!
Each year new exciting and enriching activities await our young campers aged 6 to 11 years of age. Specifically, your children will have the opportunity to interact directly with certain animals and discover the natural settings we all share. They will, among other things:
- Learn how to ensure the well-being of the animals in our care;
- Prepare special enrichments for various animals, including the Black bear, the Gray wolves, or maybe even the turtles ;
- Discover real techniques used by scientists to protect animals in the wild, like telemetry;
- Discover a forest ecosystem and everything hidden within;
- And many more unexpected surprises!
The cost includes all activities under supervision of our qualified counsellors and a t-shirt bearing the Ecomuseum Zoo Nature Camp logo.
The summer 2020 edition of Nature Camp is cancelled.
We hope to see you next year!
Teen volunteers Summer
We are looking for young teen volunteers interested in being a Counselor’s Assistant for the Ecomuseum Zoo Nature Camps. If you are between 14 and 18 years of age (as of June 1st), are dynamic, mature and like working with kids and animals, why not join us as a volunteer and get some work experience during the summer? Don’t miss your chance!
Wild Discovery Camp (12 to 15 years old)
Concretely, your teen will enjoy five days of activities on the road with our zoologists to explore the wilderness in unique and unusual places. They could, for example:
- Observe the unique wildlife of Québec with our zoologists in a multitude of natural environments. A golden opportunity to explore nature!
- Explore and sleep surrounded by wild animals. Mysteries of the forest, the discreet trickle of the streams and total darkness of night … here we come! (1 night of camping in a national park)
- Climb a mountain for a census of wild amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals.
- Discover a rehabilitation center for birds of prey and participate in a free flight exhibition!
- Learn to identify indigenous snakes as we trek to a wild and unique habitat in search of these elusive reptiles.
July 13-17th, 2020 - CANCELLED
August 10-14th, 2020 - CANCELLED
The cost includes all activities supervised by our zoologists, one (1) night of camping and all snacks and beverages on Thursday and Friday. It also includes Thursday's supper and Friday's meals.
The summer 2020 edition of Wild Discovery Camp is cancelled.
We hope to see you again next year!