Then we’ve got the perfect summer activity: the Ecomuseum Zoo’s Nature Camp is a whole week of unforgettable adventures surrounded by the flora and fauna of Québec. Many sanitary measures will be put in place to ensure the safety of your children and that of our staff, including reduction of group sizes, increased cleaning protocols, and more.
It’s also hundreds of dinner table conversation topics, dozens of adventures to recount to friends when school’s back in and too many discoveries to event count!
Each year new exciting and enriching activities await our young campers aged 6 to 11 years of age. Specifically, your children will have the opportunity to interact directly with certain animals and discover the natural settings we all share. They will, among other things:
- Learn how to ensure the well-being of the animals in our care;
- Prepare special enrichments for various animals, including the Black bear, the Gray wolves, or maybe even the turtles ;
- Discover real techniques used by scientists to protect animals in the wild, like telemetry;
- Discover a forest ecosystem and everything hidden within;
- And many more unexpected surprises!
The cost includes all activities under supervision of our qualified counsellors and a t-shirt bearing the Ecomuseum Zoo Nature Camp logo.
Registration for the 2021 edition will start on March 1st for the zoo members and on March 15th for non members. The schedule will be available very soon! For any questions, don't hesitate to contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Teen volunteers Summer
We are looking for young teen volunteers interested in being a Counselor’s Assistant for the Ecomuseum Zoo Nature Camps. If you are between 14 and 18 years of age (as of June 1st), are dynamic, mature and like working with kids and animals, why not join us as a volunteer and get some work experience during the summer? Don’t miss your chance!
Wild Discovery Camp (12 to 15 years old)
Your teen loves nature treks and exciting adventures? Looking for ways to enrich their summer experience with meaningful activities that will enable them to explore the environment? The Wild Discovery Camp is the answer!
Concretely, your teen will enjoy five days of activities on the road with our zoologists to explore the wilderness in unique and unusual places. They could, for example:
- Observe the unique wildlife of Québec with our zoologists in a multitude of natural environments. A golden opportunity to explore nature!
- Explore and sleep surrounded by wild animals. Mysteries of the forest, the discreet trickle of the streams and total darkness of night … here we come! (1 night of camping in a national park)
- Climb a mountain for a census of wild amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals.
- Discover a rehabilitation center for birds of prey and participate in a free flight exhibition!
- Learn to identify indigenous snakes as we trek to a wild and unique habitat in search of these elusive reptiles.